Monday, November 5, 2012

My Memory Card - Now Just a Memory

It was in August when I upgraded my camera's memory to 16gb from 8gb. I decided to upgrade it because I didn't have the heart to delete 8gb's stored photos.

Back-up, baby! -- I know, I know!

But I'm somehow not in good terms with "back-up."
Why?
I did back them-up.
BUT
Our desktop and laptops have gone through countless reformatting.
and
my flash disk got stolen.

And I don't trust the idea of online storage, sorry!

So, I bought a new memory card and kept the old one in my camera pouch.

Last week, my sister borrowed my camera for her field trip.
And just as crazy as it seems, when I woke up the morning of her field trip, I had the feeling she would neglect my memory card. I tried texting her so she could keep the memory card, but she left her phone at home. 
I could swear I fretted the entire day.

But boy, never did my instinct serve me wrong!

My sister lost my memory card.
And although she kept saying sorry, and I know she meant every apology, I just couldn't help but cry.
Yep, I cried.
I didn't mean to make her feel more guilty, but it was so hard for me to control my emotions.
I tried holding it in, but it kept winning over me.

The memories in that memory card are now really just memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment