Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ain't a Piece of Cake

Although baking a cake is on my "Bucket List", I never imagined it possible.
We attempted to bake a cake gazillion times before, but I guess "FATE" just never permitted it until last August.
Before August ended, we finally started turning the oven on.
The first thing my sisters baked was a starter red velvet cake.
It was a success! Too bad they had doubts, so it wasn't enough.
They tried baking cupcakes after that, and sadly, they failed.
We then decided to bake a Blueberry Cheesecake, and it was soo good!
It instantly became a FAVORITE. :D

Baking became a bonding time for us.
My sister A has a busy schedule though, so we don't get to do it as much as we want.

Last September, my brother asked me to bake a cake for his girlfriend.
And since I really like his girlfriend, even though I don't have a full baking experience, I didn't say NO. 

I searched for a basic cake recipe over the internet, and baked it with a full heart, and one eye shut. LOL.
And yaaay, it was a success. 
My number 1 fan had to have a picture with it :)
 I got myself a "souvenir" though.

But it was worth it. I guess. LOL.
My scar is just now a constant reminder that I was able to bake a cake by myself for the first time.

First time, yes, and definitely not the last.

We baked another one, and this time, we covered it with fondant.

Again, it didn't stop there.
I craved for a choco-banana cake, and got surprised it wasn't that hard.
So, my busy sister came home to this. 

We decided we're ready to bake our Grand Matriarch a cake for her birthday.
And so we did.
Please excuse the novices' unimposing design. :))

The first time I saw that flower candle, I knew our GM should have that on her birthday cake.

Our GM loved the cake, she requested us to bake another one for her sister who celebrates her birthday a week after hers. And just like her cake, she wanted it to have a flower candle.

Whew! Baking definitely is NOT a piece of cake.
I'm glad I'm now ticking this off my list.
Another achievement for me!
Whoohoo! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment