Sunday, November 18, 2012

Breaking Dawn 2: Breaking Hearts, too.

My anticipation for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 was somehow obscured by my gloominess. I'm so dispirited these past few days that I wasn't even excited to see the movie. Kristen Stewart is a lousy actress, and toss in the fact that she cheated on Rob Pattinson, I don't want to spend even just a minute watching her.

My cousin's birthday fell on the "Twilight Weekend", and it is somewhat customary for us to watch the Saga as a group. I miss my cousins oh so much, that absence is simply not possible and acceptable.
I sure hope for my sanity's sake that my lack of enthusiasm is just a prequel of my period.

But just because I wasn't excited for it, doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome it. 
After all, it's the last installment.

During the long introduction, I realized I was going to cry. Again, it was the final installment. It's as good as a farewell party.

It's nice finally seeing the scenes I have once read and imagined, especially the part where Bella found out Jacob had a "moronic wolfy claim" on Renesmee, Edward and Bella's daughter. I hate seeing Jacob getting hurt, but that part was just hilariously cute. We laughed at every assault Jake got from Bella. We were as amused as Edward was. LOL. Jake's strip-tease was a treat because first, he's hot; second, he's hot; and third, Charlie's reaction was cute. :))
It was also nice to see the movie not just about Bella or their love triangle. The Cullens once again showcased their love for each other, and how far they would go to protect their family.

SPOILER ALERT!
What really blew my mind was the battle scene.
Aro read the minds of Edward and Renesmee, but what he saw were not shown. When Alice was to show Aro what she had foreseen, we jokingly said they should let us see it too. But the battle began shortly after Aro touched Alice's hand, and Alice revealed that Aro still want to take the Cullens down even after proving their innocence. It was touching that Carlisle was the first one to run for Alice, and how they reacted after that. I felt their pain and anger while they fight for their lives, and avenge the ones they lost.
It was VIOLENT but beautifully done, and NOT RUDDY at all.
Luckily, they don't have blood.
I cried like a baby when Carlisle and Jasper were beheaded. I kept searching for their bodies, hoping they weren't being burned yet. Haha. I wanted to explode then and there, make the movie stop, and tell them that they did the movie wrong. Clearly, that's not what the book says. But that was a cinema, I should at least compose myself.
Alas, that was a twist going on. The battle scene was what Alice had foreseen. Aro's scenes were funny after that. It was obvious he got scared of losing his head as well.
A flaw I noticed was Alice's vision of Renesmee and Jake's future together.
Jake blocks Alice's visions.
I remember clearly when she thought Bella had died after cliff diving because she didn't see her being saved by Jake. Also, when Bella got pregnant, and they didn't know whether what Bella was expecting was really a baby or a monster, Alice couldn't see the baby inside because the baby imprinted on Jake.

But nevertheless, it was great.
It's the best twilight movie, and definitely my fave. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment