Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Rice Surprise! ;D

Now, this is something I NEVER imagined nor wanted to SHOUT OUT LOUD:
I CAN'T COOK -- a decent meal, at least.

I clearly remember being a kitchen resident when I was a kid.
My sibs, cousin, and I would often creep at night to rob our fridge and sneak off ingredients for our fried rice and scrambled eggs; we would then be scolded the next day by the cook for the mess we made. 
We have OUTGROWN that 'HABIT', but I guess we have failed to let GROW our 'COOKING WITS'.
Over a decade had passed, and the only means of cooking we know is STILL JUST FRYING.
Yes, STILL JUST FRYING, which means we can't even cook rice.
SHAME ON US, I know!

BUT NOT ANYMORE!
Haha.
Well, at least not for me :)

My mom was M.I.A yesterday because my little brother got confined.
Our helpers were no longer staying in and don't arrive til 6 in the morning.
My sibs' and daughter's classes start as early as 6:45 am, so they need to be fed early.
I, being the eldest, need not be told that the responsibility lies on my shoulder.

Upon learning that I was going to cook, my princess promised to help me.

She felt the need to get a chicken tocino as props. Haha.

When I was about to cook the rice, I told her I didn't know how to cook rice.
Haha.
She then told me: 'Huh? Sige, ta-try ko... *pauses* lagyan mo ng tubig'.
.
Haha. 
I find it so cute that she was instructing me as if she really knows how to cook rice.

Definitely my best cooking experience.
And the second best part?
I was able to serve them a 'well-cooked rice' -- a DECENT BREAKFAST!
Woohoo!

When my sister was about to serve the rice,
 I stopped her and told her that I'm so proud of what I've done,
and that I need to take a picture as a souvenir and a proof. Haha.

It was really a great learning experience.
My daughter and I had a great bonding time while cooking, and the rice went oh so well.



No comments:

Post a Comment