Saturday, April 26, 2014

I Am Silver

Much to my surprise, despite how my sibs whined on how I wanted to spend my birthday, they went along with it, well, almost.

I desired hibernation for my day!
What? Sign of aging! Lol.

We had been going out on my birthday for the last couple of years, and I thought: Why not take a breather this year?

I know My Favorite Cousin is very much instrumental to that decision, since I do miss her so bad, and not having her here just feels wrong.
But as they have all pointed out, she would have wanted me to just go out and have fun.

Anyway, I told them that we could go if we have somewhere to go.
But since none of them could think of a place to go, I get my sleeeeeeep. :))

Like that wasn't enough to make me special, they gave me surprises! Haha.
I know!
I felt, and still feel, btw, very much loved.

First, they surprised me at midnight.
And I could swear I was so clueless.
It didn't get to me that they were very much awake that late at night.
I know surprise is sort of a thing for us.
But I'm always a part of the surprise; I always help stage them.

So, yes, they caught me off guard.

My aunt asked me to do an errand for her, and the next thing I knew was there was a small cake waiting for me in the kitchen.

Second, another aunt surprised me.
Despite my desire to sleep through the day, we found out we had to attend to a symposium that day.
And so we did.

Just before it ended, I got a call from my aunt asking me where I was.
I told her I wasn't home, and I could just get my present on Monday.
To my surprise, she called me up again to tell me that she would wait for me.

I know, I know. It didn't have to be so urgent. Haha.
All the more reason I was moved.
I mean, the gift could wait, or she could just drop the gift off.
But instead, she waited for me.

When I got home, a big box was waiting for me.
And it sure did drive me cray-cray!

She explained that both she, and her daughter, My Favorite Cousin, wanted to see my reaction.
I could swear it got the better of me.
It didn't matter that my aunt was taking a video while I open every single wrapped chocolate, that people could see me.
All I know is I'm ecstatic!
Haha.
I kept jumping for joy!

Third, just before I ended my night, My Sibs gave me another treat.

I thought my sister was kidding when she told me they have another surprise, but no, it was legit. :))

25 candy-sprinkled choco-dipped marshmallows, and every single one of them has a message from my loved ones.

I know!
Like the marshmallows weren't sweet enough, right?
They even had to contain sweet thoughts.

Fourth, another thing that really surprised me, our helpers gave me two gifts each.
Even my family was surprised!
They didn't have to, but they did!

They are all just too sweet!
And they love me too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment